Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lessons Learned: Sudafed vs. Vin III

So I have some scoop! I saw my yoga friend, Pat, on Kimberly Road randomly today. While talking with windows unrolled, I discovered he has also been el sicko. He's planning to go to Mark's class though...he said Kelly & Evan's class might kill him after his extended break! LOL

Speaking of illness, omg... So today I had a Thai Yoga Massage scheduled with Kelly set for 2pm...not to mention I had already said I'd go for the Shala's photo shoot. SOOO although I was feeling ill, I popped some Sudafed's and rolled. FYI - I'm not a good "medicine taker" as I get all "shaky." Ha! I don't have the world's greatest balance anyway so I was all jittery and hopped up on Sudafed while attempting some dancer's pose/hand on the floor type of deal. Not to mention I was trying to do a decent job since E&K had hired a photographer and I didn't want to be the one messing up all the shots by falling over and whatnot. Needless to say it was interesting (a.k.a. humbling) as always!! Not to mention I practiced next to Kelly, who was literally SILENT the entire time. We're all huffing and puffing and slamming ourselves around the mat while she is literally floating...you can't even hear her feet land. Except when she she slammed down from handstand into chaturanga (sp?). That was crazy!! Kelly, do tell us how you do this floating thing if you happen to read. Anyway, can't wait to see the picture of me with my leg behind my head all slouched over. Super hot!!!!! Not! :P [P.S. Did anyone else notice I like to use the phrase, "Not to mention..."].

Then I had my Thai Yoga Massage with Kelly. I highly recommend!! I had such a hard time not falling asleep the entire time (I was coming down off the sudafed plus the massage bed thing was super comfy)!! FYI - Kelly gives you 25% off your first Thai massage so do try it! Don't forget to tip your masseuse, people! Not just Kelly, but I read in Cosmo that tons of people don't tip their hair stylists, massage therapists, etc. Dying.

THEN, although I wanted to nap for like 5 hours, I agreed to meet the husb at the mall. This would have been fun except for the fact he acts like he's been killed when I'm looking at anything for me (e.g. Victoria's Secret). Now, if I were a guy, I'd think V.S. today would be awesome! You could offer to buy whatever the wife wants and therefore, your Valentine's present shopping = done. Duh. Think Pink, hello. Seriously. Not to mention (my phrase of the day again!!) there are like 20 foot high posters of Gisele Bundchen everywhere...not that MY HUSBAND would EVER look...but you know, for other guys. RIGHT HONEY!?!?!? grrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

Dined at Los Agaves with a couple of friends and now we're home. Sigh...the joys of being (almost) 31. Dude, before we left, Kurt had The Real World on. I was like, "OMG are these people children or am I just old??" Kurt rolled his eyes and said, "Yeah babe, they're...children." Ugh! LOL. Grrr. I used to love that show...now I wonder if they are planning to go to college!!!! This sucks!!!!

Also, my friend Carrie (who we met at Los Agaves) randomly hung out with Mike from yoga and MARK at her friend's party the other Saturday. What a small world!

Mucho love and see you at Ashtanga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

Love & Namaste & Get a Thai Massage,
Ann :) :)

No comments: