Monday, February 9, 2009

Wedding Pics & Random Questions


Yo-ity yo. How is everyone? I'm bored let's do a little question and answer session, eh? Who asked me these questions, you question? No one. I made them up! Some are questions people ask me a lot, some are just random as hell. Yes, I'm interviewing myself on my own blog. So?? So. So what! Sooooo…without further ado:

Q: Why is this blog filled with wedding photos?
A: I'm trying to figure out which ones to have our photographer put in our super sweet album!




Q: When and where was this weddin'?
A: We got married July 12, 2008 at Kurt's church. The reception and most of the pics were at his farm.


Q: Your b-day is when?
A: March 16, the day before St. Patrick's Day. I love my b-day :)

Q: What's the scoop with your parents?
A: My parents were divorced when I was 10. My dad, Rick, is the greatest dad in the world. He lives in Coal Vally with my stepmom, Patty. My mom, Dede, was not the greatest mom in the world but she tried. As I get older, I'm starting to appreciate her more. It's hard for her to live up to my dad, since he always put my brother and I first and foremost.

Q: Interesting facts about your parents?
A (Dad): Born in Germany. Adopted in Germany by my grandparents. My grandpa was in the military over there. Dad's original name was Reinhold Helmet Eichinger. My grandparents didn’t think they could get pregnant, so they also adopted my aunt, Sandy, in Germany. They later had four children of their own…so my dad is the oldest of six.

A (Mom): Loves babies. Not so much teenagers. But who does? LOL. Hates the mall, likes Kohl’s. See why we don't see eye to eye all the time??? Well, we kind of see eye to eye, actually. She's 5'2" and I'm 4'11". Dede is the second-to-youngest of seven children, six of which were girls.

Q: Any bro/sis?
A: One brother, Jay, who is 2.5 years younger than moi. This makes him 19. YEAH RIGHT!!! He's totally 28. Brothers are cool, for sure, but I wish we had more siblings. I once received an email forward and part of it said, "How do you know the value of a sister? Ask someone who doesn't have one." This is so true for me. My mom and dad both had HUGE families and we are all really close. I hate that I have no sisters!! My BFF's ARE my sisters so truly, I am still so very lucky.

Q: Well, maybe Kurt has a sister you can adopt?
A: Um, no. He also has one brother, who is my age. This picture is pretty dorky but if you knew Brian and Kurt, you would definitely crack up.


Q: What activities did you do as a kid?
A: Elem/Jr High = tap, jazz, baton, ballet, fight with my brother, flute
High School = OMG cheerleading. Band, orchestra, flags, NHS, French Club, etc. Oh also going to parties and social butterflying with my girls :)
College = Yes, I was a Fighting Bee cheerleader! Go Bees!!

Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Thai!!! I love super spicy (vegetarian) food! Indian is a close second. Close, I say.

Q: Where did you first meet Kurt (Combine)?
A: Al & Jerry's in Eldridge during Eldridge Days. I had just come home from an audit in Tennessee and Kate and Crystal wanted me to meet them so I could meet Kurt. :) They had been trying to get us to meet for about six months. Previously, I had agreed to meet him at a party he was having at Al & Gerry’s. The week of the party, I randomly asked them why Kurt was having a party. They told me it was his COLLEGE GRADUATION PARTY. I was 26 at the time. I said "OMG, I would never date a college boy...he graduated from high school when I graduated from college!!" Haha…and here we are…

Q: Does Kurt just farm?
A: No. He's also a project manager for Petersen Plumbing.

Q: Did he go to college for this?
A: No. He went to Iowa State for Ag Business.

Q: Do they have livestock?
A: Not anymore. Just corn and soybeans now, thank god. I’m sure I’d be in trouble for letting out all the piggies when the semi came to haul them away.

Q: Shouldn’t you support the farm community and eat pigs, cows, chickens, etc?
A: Hello, I totally support the corn and soy community!

Q: How “helpful” are you on the farm?
A: I'm not...unless you considering checking on the wild cats in the barn "helpful."

Q: What is your favorite thing to do on the farm?
A: Watch the hottie husband drive the Deere equipment! Duh!! :) <3> Oh and sit on the deck and think about how beautiful it is out there.

Q: Do you ride in the tractor and combine?
A: Hello, yes.

Q: Can you drive them?
A: Only if Kurt helps me. But I do know how to drive the 4-wheeler though and I can SOMETIMES find them in the fields on my own :)

Q: Can you cook?
A: Yes but only with a recipe. I follow it EXACTLY and try to make it look pretty. I don't do recipes with a "dash" of this or that. I can only cook if I print out a recipe and go to the store and buy everything.

Q: How often do you do this?
A: Approximately once every four months. Hmmm....I think I'm overdue.

Q: Why don't you cook more?
A: Kurt is the best cook in the world!!! Yum!

Q: What is your favorite bar?
A: Tootsie's in Nashville.


(FYI - We did have tables...a freaking million of them. The caterer was originally in the middle of the machine shed. After they left, we only had to take down a few more tables to make room for the band/dancing).

Q: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
A: Seriously, omg, NASHVILLE!

Q: Seriously, are they real?
A: C'mon now! No!!


Q: Name some bad habits.
A: Buying random stuff. Procrastinating. Hitting snooze too many times. Drinking diet pop. Forgetting to remind Belle not to forget her backpack in the mornings.

Q: Do you get along with your in-laws?
A: Yes, I love them!


Q: Have you covered everything?
A: No, I’ll think of some more questions for a different day! :) :) :)

Peace, love and NAMASTE!

Ann :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Gorgeous pics. I especially like the ones inside the barn! If Carrie Bradshaw got married in a barn, I think it would look like that. (I was personally pleased she got married in a courthouse, following in my footsteps - ha!)

Anonymous said...

My birthday is March 17th. So is/was Nat King Cole's.

K said...

Fun!

The Bunch Family said...

These are awesome pics! Sorry that we had to miss it! =( Looks like you had a great time.