Monday, November 24, 2008

My Dec 15th Handbag (aka Investment Strategy)

First of all, THANK YOU to you Keri G-M for directing me to the most awesomest site on the web: http://www.purseblog.com/. These B's have my dream job of analyzing designer handbags all day then blogging about them. What I can't figure out, though, is how they have the cash to buy so many of them since they don't appear to have "real" JOBS. I can't bear to think it's possible that Louis Vuitton, Hermes and YSL just GIVE their bags to the purse blog girls. Even the mere suggestion of this idea causes a pain so deep I can't even breathe. Ugh...the trauma....

Regarding realistically-priced handbags (i.e. not $3,000), I'm totally over Coach and cannot stand the sight of a Dooney. =Ew on both accounts. However, I have long-since committed myself to buying AT LEAST two semi-expensive handbags per year: one for Christmas and one for my b-day in March. In spite of these recent brand boycotting limitations, I have, thank God, found some pretty sweet handbag options at Von Maur.

Let me say that I have wanted to be a Kate Spade fan for years but just can't get into it. I refuse to give up and fortunately, they have some decent stuff this winter. For my b-day bag 2007, I tried to go nautical and bought a navy blue canvas Kate trimmed in white. It was adorable at first but then just got to be too Gilligan's Island. Plus, it was canvas and I truly just carry too much stuff for canvas as it was always all bumpy-looking. Ick. I break out this Kate every now and again if I'm feeling a little shipwrecked, but other than that it usually lies dormant in the purse tote.

With no further ado, here are the options:

Option #1 of 3:

At first I wanted this one in light grey but now I think I want this baby in BLUE (see below)!!!






Option #2 of 3:


So I really dig this hot lil' number (see below) in Eggplant with patent trim. It's just cute and tres, tres "holiday." I can see myself getting sick of it easily but I really dig it.






Option #3 of 3:

I really think I just might have to buy a Louis. I mean you only live once, right?

Thoughts anyone? Anyone? Bueller? ....Bue-ller? .............BUE-LLER??

Love,
Moi

P.S. MANY, MANY props to my muy bueno friend Josh Herting for splurging on the Marc Jacobs Stamm bag for his girlfriend's Christmas prize. Note: I did not say Marc by Marc Jacobs. Ew. He went for the one-eye- real-deal-steal-Teal-Hollifield (inside high school joke on that one but you get my point)! Any man that spends over $1K on a handbag prize is A+++ in my book.

1 comment:

zara1329 said...

I like the first bag. cute.