Sunday, November 30, 2008

So...how was YOUR practice this weekend!!??


Miss Belle had a play date at 11:00 so I hit The Gap, where I was on a mission to find this ADORABLE dark purple coat that I had been wanting but definitely do not need. Did I mention I realllly wanted it??? OKAY, so I was super happy to randomly find it on sale for $80! OMG! I threw that honey on the counter and tossed in a couple of sweaters to make up the difference between the sale price and what I was planning to spend on the purple passion. Yay…so that makes the sweaters totally free!! I thought about skipping yoga to hang out at Von Maur but decided against it since I hadn’t yoga’d since Wednesday due to T-giv and was feeling triple eww-ish.

I climbed the 555 stairs at DSY to find only ONE other chica waiting to downdog it up. I’d never seen her so if it’s just going to be me, her and Evan, maybe she’s never yoga’d before and I’ll look like I just hopped off the red-eye from Mysore. Then Evan will be too busy “helping her out” to notice I still can’t do the freakin’ Warrior III for no logical reason. Yay! (BTW – what the hell is the deal with my Warrior III?!?!)

I then noticed a mermaid tattoo on new chica’s shoulder, her suspiciously boring-looking yoga mat (true yogis don’t rock my green-patterned Gaiam) and that she was wearing some seriously adorable yoga clothes. Cuteness!! I was starting to consider the remote possibility that she had taken a yoga class or two before. So (very innocently) I’m like, “Where do you normally take yoga?” (I'm hoping for her to respond with the YMCA.) Her: “I’m a yoga teacher in Chicago!” OF COURSE SHE IS, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! HOWWW lovely… Just absolutely lovely! “F%%%” was the only word that came to mind, to be honest.

So YAH: me, Chicago Yoga Princess and Evan!!! Just the type of situation someone new-ish to yoga but trying to be “cute” and take on Vinyasa III wants to be in. NOTTTT!!! Lol. I was soooooo hoping Evan would hand me the list to read from the window sill while him & chica did the Vinyasa Challenge 2008. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen so it was a long 1.5 hours, lemme tell ya. However, Evan was super nice and helped me A LOT while “Kelly, Jr.” appeared to be practicing for the next Yoga Journal photo shoot. She was totally awesomely awesome. If you want to feel my pain (literally, okay people), scope her website http://www.abalancedpractice.com/. Anyhow, THIS IS HER (see pics below)!! Doesn’t she totally remind you of Kelly??

Yoga is weird because there aren’t mirrors so you aren’t exactly sure what YOU look like during the poses. I was looking at her during some of the poses knowing I sure as hell wasn’t looking like THAT, though. Lol.

Anyway, I finished my Saturday afternoon with a deep tissue massage from Yvonne at William Wesley. Thank God. LOVE THE WOMAN and trust me, sistas and brothas, I needed it majora after hanging out in side plank with Kelly, Jr for what seemed like hours on end. Oh yeah, abalancedpractice can do THIS (this isn't her though, lol):



Sunday a.m., I limped (not kidding) into the ever-famous Ashtanga to “stretch” as Kurt would say. Awesome as usual, awesome as usual. Unfortunately, there is no footage of this Sunday’s embryo roll but props to Pete and Pat for the awesome headstanding that I noticed while upside down.

Namaste to y’all, to Kelly's long-lost twin sister, to 4 day weekends AND to my HOT PURPLE COAT!! Holla!

A.

7 comments:

Z said...

Ah... The Yoga Ninja have invaded the QC's. I kinda wish I'd made the class, it would have been cool to watch. But... I was really needing the miles on the bike.

BG said...

Sorry I wasn't there to sweat it out with ya, Ann. The last Vinyasa III that I went to, I was too TIRED to notice what anyone else was doing, inlcuding myself. Whew! I'll be there this Saturday, though....

Brian

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to do Yoga, though I've always been afraid of people calling me "queer" or "a Communist bastard".

Instead I just touch my toes daily and hold it for a 10 count.

Ann said...

LOL. Sweet move, Nick. Come show it off on Sunday at 11 am. We do that, amongst other poses... :)

Ann said...

Ha. I'm DYING... I've had a couple people ask who is modeling my coat. LOL! Unfortunately, that is not me. That is the girl in the gap ad from gap.com. Sorry to disappoint. That would be pretty funny if I could get people to model merchandise for me. Mandy, are you in? You live the closest!!

K said...

Oh-I so wish I were there. Next Saturday???

Ann said...

I'm in!