Monday, September 7, 2009

Packing, Donating, Ditching

There are tons of benefits to moving! Ridding yourself of sh## you don't need and replacing said sh## with new, improved, cooler sh##. This is how I'm rockin' the big move.

There are also tons of cons LIKE it takes FOREVER to pack and go through the unwanted. Moving sounds easy and fun, conceptually, I mean how hard is it to toss a bunch of stuff into a box, tape it shut, scribble "dishes" on it and call it a day? Yeah, it sucks majora, though. You are also forced to live in disarray starting Day 1 of the pack...and it gets kinda annoying. All of this is worth it, though, to be prepared in advance! Woot! I have a unique situation of no move date to be in or out, so I can take my sweet time.

I started packing last weekend and rocked The Pack on Saturday and Sunday. I loaded down boxes with kitchen stuff and random decor from all over our casa. They are so heavy even King Kong would need a dolly to move them! We (I.e. Kurt) won't be do much cooking because I packed all of our baking dishes, cutting boards, and what not.

I didn't get too much done during the week...for no real reason other than getting home late and being tired. Saturday I tackled the forbidden closet under our staircase. I filled Kurt's pickup truck with stuff I didn't want, had about three large Uhaul boxes of coats, books, pictures and whatnot and created a HUGE pile of stuff for the Goodwill. Oops. I told you I'm a bad closet person!! I came across a Nike shoebox thay said "Jeri is Tuff" on it, in Jeri's writing...obviously written in high school. The contents was random high school memoribilia that was pretty awesome and hilarious! I found high school cheerleading and orchestra spirit buttons. Several ziplocs of dried roses...hahaha. My old awesome keychain (remember rolling 30 keychains at once???) and the air freshener from my first car (named Million Dollar...no idea why) that I totalled in 1995.

Sunday was a complete loss for The Pack. I am so depressed but I knew it would be. The husb thought it'd be "nice" to go to a random small town festival for the fireman's pancake breakfast and watch the parade. I negotiated my way out of it originally but then started to feel bad for not going. So at 9am I started getting myself and Belle ready, we stayed there til 1:30ish, stopped by the store, saw some friends and made bueno dinner plans for 5:30, dropped Kurt off, ran into Pier 1, came home, left for dinner plans, got home at 9:30. End of day. It was fun, for sure, but no exciting packing stories ensued.

Today it's on. I want to get A LOT packed from upstairs (bedrooms). I so wish I had taken some before and after pics of the closet :). Haha. I'll do this upstairs though, hopefully!

Love,
Moi!!!

2 comments:

Z said...

I moved lots growing up. We a couple of rules of thumb.

1) If you hadn't got it out of the box since the last move, you don't need it.

2) Three moves equal one fire

Not that we ever had a fire...

Ann said...

Z - lol. I totally agree with #1! My only exception is pictures.

And there were a couple of large bonfires yesterday :) Does that count?