Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Poll Time

If you happen to check my baby blog, you'll note I'm a fan of polls. LOL. I added one to the random blog to confirm my suspicions on what to do with my eight bridesmaid dresses. I may do additional surveys in the future about things I'm on the fence about keeping, donating or bonfiring.

So I have eight bridesmaid dresses from my lovely friends' weddings. Some of the funnest nights ever! I have just always kept them hanging in the closets wherever my coats reside. I suspect it may be time to donate these bad boys and move on.

Side note: I don't think even the most deprived prom goer would opt for these dresses. Not that they aren't cute, but they are just obviously bridesmaid dresses from the 2000-2003 era with a couple stragglers post-2003. Not to mention I am only 4'11" so not thinking there are a whole lot of potential adopters out there. I'm open to suggestions, though, on where an organization might be that houses old dresses for prom-aged students.

I had them on the donate pile and asked Kurt, "Do you think I should donate my bridesmaid dresses?" His response was "Do you think I should keep my old underwear?" I think this means they are obvious donations.

Thoughts? Vote, por favor!

Love,
Ann's Bridal :-)

2 comments:

CourtneeCee said...

I voted yes. And thus, really need to get rid of the four that are hanging out in the back of the guest room closet. (totally keeping the one from b.'s wedding. Tres cute.) Why is it such a big deal to get rid of them? One of them is completely destroyed from dancing on a lake dock. And yet that crunchy bottomed torn up thing is still in the closet.

willson said...

Interesting… I might try some of this on my blog, too. It’s quite interesting how you sometimes stop being innovative and just go for an accepted solution without actually trying to improve it… you make a couple of good points.

trends technology