Monday, March 9, 2009

Favorites/Loves #3

DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! (Think: trumpets!)

I know this is the blog everyone loves to hate or hates to love...or both...or neither. In any case, thanks for reading ici est la "update" nombre trois de my favorite things. I will add some hates as my next blog!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! (see #1-10)

1. Freaking facials. Seriously how can a self-proclaimed spa-whore such as myself have never had a facial before!?!? Ludacris! Blasphemy! OMG I had a facial at 5 Star Salon & Spa about six weeks ago and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get another one. Which leads me to favorites #2...

2. Sanitas skin products. I'm also a self-proclaimed makeup whore and skin care junkie. My skin care collection is limited as I'm allergic to everything under the sun...except a few products. That being said, I thought Laura Mercier was the JACKPOT but I have moved on. This Sanitas stuff is amazing! They sell it at 5 Star (the facial place) and they sell a starter kit for $30 on the day you get a facial. I'm just sayin...

3. THEEEEE BLACK MATTTTT! Life without The Black Mat = no bam. Life with The Black Mat = BAM! "I pity tha fool" without the black mat. Granted, I rocked the green machine for months, totally. But I didn't have a random blogger putting me in the know. I'm just sayin...

4. Eyebrow waxings by Emily at Exotic Day Spa. True, at first glance I do look a lot like Dede (that's my mom). However, I did not happen to inherit her chest or her great eyebrows. So unfair. Unfortuantely, Dr. Van Raalte doesn't do eyebrows. So, I've been getting some serious eyebrow work done since junior high. I really think Emily is worthy of Jennifer Aniston's eyebrows! Plus it's at the mall. Howwwwwww convenient. :-)

5. Cowgirl boots. Literally! They are so much fun. I bought four pairs last year in Nashville on accident. This year I am not getting any because I have so many pairs already! How do you accidentally buy four pairs, you ask? So I went down to Nashville the two pairs of Frye's I have from Von Maur. They were both tan-ish and I needed some black ones for Saturday night. So, I found some pretty cute grey ones at a store on Broadway. Got those. Then Kurt wanted some new ones so we ended up at a store next door that was Buy One, Get Two Free. Kurt only wanted the one pair (of course they charge you three times as much for the first pair) so I got two other pairs of cute ones. THEN I found them: at Nashville Cowboy on 2nd Avenue. *Sigh* My first pair of Lucchese's. I had to have them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wear them all the time. Kurt also bought a super cute cowboy hat there :) He and Craig wore cowboy hats on Saturday night. It was so cute.


6. Nashville. Seriously, the funnest time IN THE WORLD! Only ten more days til I depart. Contrary to popular belief, there is definitely no line dancing in Nashville!! There is lots of singing and dancing though to fun classic rock and classic country songs.





7. OHHHH how I love the St. Patrick's Day parade in Davenport!!!!! It is definitely the FUNNEST FUNNEST FUNNEST event of the year. I hate going downtown...except on St. Patrick's Day :-) My bday is the day before St. Patrick's Day so I've just always loved the St. Patty's festivities/clovers/green beer/etc.



8. Black labs. The lab, Daffodil, a.k.a ZAFFO, was the most recent addition to the fleet. I found her running randomly on the highway. Of course, I leave no dog behind, duh. She hopped in the Aud and away we went. I haven't ever thought too much about labs before but now I know why they are the most popular family dog. She is such a companion dog! She wants to go everywhere we go. It's so cute! She is always laying right beside me, Kurt or Belle. Her dream is to sleep with Belle but we don't let any livestock in Belle's room overnight. :)


9. Vacations. I really want to be on beach vacations 24/7, 365. I'm still trying to work this into my career plan. I'll keep you all apprised.

10. Getting to work early! I'm a habitual snooze hitter. Luckily, my jobs have always had flex hours. Since Jamaica, I decided to become an early riser and that way Belle and I wouldn't be so rushed in the a.m.'s! Also, I get to leave work earlier :) which is MUY BUENO!!! I have been to work "in the 7's" (this means before 8:00 a.m.) every day since then! Yay! Other benefits: less traffic, can stop for fountain soda if needed/wanted, never have to think "Oh Sh&&, I hope I don't have an 8:00 a.m. meeting." Granted I haven't missed a meeting (that I recall) but frequently I have thought this on my way to work at 8:20!

Mucho amounts of Namaste. (Does this even make sense?)

Love -
Ann :) :)

No comments: