Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Howdy Y'all

Yo, y'all! I'm back with a vengence. Two things are happening right now...

**cues Amy Winehouse singing the lyrics, "No, no, no..."**
1) My system is in REEEE-to the-HAB from the St. Patrick's Day Parade 14-hour drinking binge, followed by Wednesday's Eagles concert, followed by three days in my favorite town in the world, NASHVILLE!!!

2) Living in seculsion from my credit card bill which is due on April 1. This means I will have to log in and see my current balance, presumably racked up in Music City. Oh well, IT WAS WORTH IT, PEOPLE! :) :)


St. Patty's Day
So, yah, ehh. The St. Patrick's Day parade in Davenport is pretty much the greatest day of the year. Most everyone is at home "sleeping" by 7:00 pm, as most everyone goes downtown by 10;00 am. This particular year, however, I had a concert to attend at the River Center at 7:30 pm (Zac Brown Band and Little Big Town). Wow.... I really think this pic looks pretty darn good for being out for 12 hours by this point. This is me and my friend, Kate :) Unfortunately, due to the concert, I couldn't go to Swanson's band's concert at the Dugout :(



Eagles
**cues Life in the Fast Lane**
Awesome show! I almost died when I couldn't justify paying $165 per ticket to go to this gig. Basically, it would have been a $400 night for Kurt and I (just for tickets and drinks), the day before we left for Nashville. So, I didn't get the tix :( :(

Then, MIRACULOUSLY, the day OF the show, Kurt somehow lands FREE TICKETS from one of his suppliers and we were in the 32nd row on the floor, pretty much center. This sounds far away but I can assure you it was NOT! I would ADORE these seats for every single concert. The Eagles were fan-freakin-tastic.


Nashville

**cues Honky Tonk Women by The Stones (seriously)**
OMG, where to start where to start where to start! We had such an awesome group go this year and had sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! Gretchen, Molly and I drove down on Thursday a.m./afternoon and met Gretchen's friend, Cheryl, from high school. We all went out that night and tore up the town! Seriously, I have no idea when I last had that much fun!! Friday we all went shopping on 2nd Ave and Broadway.

Then, Friday late afternoon, Kurt, Allison and her husband, Brandon, arrived. We all went out on Friday and had a great time. Saturday, we took a tour of the Ryman and went to the Grand Ole Opry at night. Sooooo sad to leave. Soooo sad. My post-Nashville depression still looms....

You can see all of my pics here: http://www.kurtandannsteward.shutterfly.com/



Of course I had to buy some random loot in Nashville. I got some AWESOME boots that I love from my favorite boot store, Nashville Cowboy. =Love!! This is my second year to buy boots there and oh yes, I plan on a third purchase next year!! I also bought a belt, two buckles and two pearl snaps. Hey, you only live once...and THESE boots rock it and roll it!

Missin' y'all, especially my yoga peeps that I haven't seen during my extended hiatus!
Love,
Ann

No comments: