Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yoga Update

I have started like 5 blogs since last Thursday. They all suck but this is the best (which isn't saying a whole lot). Truth be told, I'm working a sweet blog about music but it's takin' me awhile (a long while).

So it's no secret I haven't been going to yoga as much (until now). This is unintentional. As soon as these freaking godforesaken classes are over, it's so on again.


It's crazy how a "lil'" time off can really hinder your yoga progress. It's particularly evident in ashtanga since we're obviously doing the same sequence on Sundays. In other words - I used to be able to stay up for the 3 backbends, now I have to take a break in the middle there. LOL. This is not the only pose that has regressed. Even my triangle feels more like a trapezoid.


HOWEVER - an insanely awesome once in a lifetime event for me DID occur in Sunday class, though: I could miraculously do a yoga-style headstand. After I flung myself into the wall, I could just do it. Weird. Usually I'm like back and forth from the wall with at least one foot. IDK... I've been taking a break from headstand for awhile so this is really weird. I can easily do the tripod-style headstand without wall but not the yoga-style. I tried the headstand again when I got home. I have an issue with over-flinging myself up and ending up in a backbend/headstand combo. Not cute nor safe for anyone practicing in front of me. LOL. I'll give it a whirl again in Mark's class tomorrow but not expecting much.

Something like this also happened in Shannon's class a few weeks ago: I could do the freaking feathered peacock. RANDOM. Not anymore. So alas, the headstand gig is most likely over. Oh well. We all remember the fateful garba pindasana pose.

Also, in an effort to spice up the blog in "real time" (yeah right), I JUST tried a drop back to backbend and stood back up. I wasn't stretched and it could have been better but oh well at least I can do it. YAY!

Who's lookin' forward to a lil YOGA NINJA, HUH??????

Namaste y'all!!!

Luv,
~A~

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great job on the headstand. And you're my hero for dropping back and blogging simultaneously!