Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Missed a Day, Eh?

Damn. Missed a day. I was doing so good, too. I started writing a post last night but couldn't think of anything remotely as cool as my Doc controversy. I still can't...but oh well.

I'm getting ready to go to class. It's a really exciting class that covers topics of International Accounting standards.... *crickets*

Nothing a little flowered bootage can't cure...

My friends Bree & Courtnee are writing a weekly blog at fifty2resolutions.wordpress.com that you should check it out. This week they are purging and getting peoples' reactions to their "questionably fashionistic" items. Hilarious!! Again, it's http://fifty2resolutions.wordpress.com

My Doc blog coincidentally coincided nicely with their blog this week so as you can see in my blog the other day, I am publicly re-committed to my flowered docs. I will prove it by wearing them to class tonight and getting everyone's opinion.

*Donning the docs*

Ugh! My potentially cute outfit now feels "awry" "amiss" "etc"

Oh well, I'm wearin' 'em. Wait, no I'm not... they look ridic!! I'll be back...

*please hold for 3.5 hours*

YO!

Well, that was fun. Thank God I left the bootage at home since a couple of JD execs were presenting in my class tonight. Nice!

I did a major purge of my closets JUST last month. I started blogging about it but changed my mind. I was going to make fun of some of the clothing I still owned but didn't want to offend anyone if they owned these items. I realize now that was just an excuse not to admit this lunaticish array of fashion nightmares and that literally everyone threw this stuff out YEARS AGO. At least fifty2resolution's clothing is pretty cute and/or sentimental. Mine was HORRID. E.g. a white tank that had a silver glitter design of snakeskin down both sides of the chest. Um yeah, so I wore this my friend Kate's bachelorette party in 2001. Yeah... A white and black zebra print sort of sequined top from The Limited... hmmm.... Two little sweaters (one pink, one black) that had "A"s in the corner, Laverne & Shirley style. This trend came and went circa 2002.

I also had a collection of "cute" tees with "cute" writing that said "cute" things such as: "It's Not Easy Being PERFECT" "Not Everything in Iowa is Flat" "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" "Teeny Bikini Contest." Not really thinking any of these are "cute" on a 31 year old. Except the one about Iowa, I think I saved that. HAH...j/k (not really). I also had some pretty "cool" little tees from The Cheers bar in Boston and the Avril Lavigne (wtf) concert in Moline. Def Leppard tee = gone, too. Forget not the jeans from Von Maur junior's section that were flare legged and had a leather lace up fly from the "boho shirt" era of 2002. I am realizing that I haven't cleaned closets since the early 00's.

I purged 99.9% of my ridiculous Abercrombie & Fitch collection. Including jeans. Why was I still buying this stuff just a year and a half ago? Ew. I saved a couple of sweatshirts and my destroyed jeans. I also saved a bunch of tanks to wear under stuff....and a couple pairs of capris... Alright so 80% of the collection. Fine 75. Jeez.

Courtnee and Bree mention out of town identity crises. I have these! I buy random clothing and jewelry when on vacation, never to wear it again (or part with it). I purged a bunch of pink sweaters I bought in Argentina (as in like 10+ light pink sweaters). I also ditched the "cool" Argentine shoes I bought that were satin sling-backs with comic book print on them. C'mon!!!!!!!!!

I do have a real issue admitting my shoes and handbags are dorky and although they may have cost some $ back in 1999, the style will never return and even if it did, I would never wear the shoes or carry the bag again. I mean, the Dooney "It" c'mon. I'll work on this soon and take pics to prove the purge. Bree & Courtnee are voting on their items (sooo funny) but mine are soooo bad, no votes required. Just purge.

So why the purge...why not just hoard on? Well, I'm getting ready to move to a house that is like 1/3 of the size of my current house. The yard is 1200 times bigger (literally) so I guess it will be worth it. It does mean that WHILE jellies MAY come back into style, the 1996 Mexican vacation editions (But they're Esprit?? Thoughts?? lol) have to go and I can eventually spring the $20 if they ever come back in.

But the flowered bootage will always remain.

Mucho love,
Annabelle

2 comments:

bree Housley said...

Ha! I may not have had a what sounds like a skank-esque white tank with snakeskin on it...but I did have a green SILK blouse with snakeskin on it. It was my FAVORITE going out shirt. I felt edgy. wow. nerds.

Ann said...

Sarah! Thanks!! :) Are you in animal rescue...we need to chat!

Bree, I remembered today I had a silver glitter belt to match. I need to find those pics. Now.