Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Digs

So...many of you I see all the time know weeeeeee're movin'! I will admit to complaining about the move for two reasons: it's 20 minutes farther than my current 25/30 minute commute to work and I do LOVE our house now. BUT when I'm out at the farm, especially in the summer, I realize I'm the luckiest chica in the world and OMG WHAT in the hell am I complaining about??? Being out there in the summer is like the Dominican without the beach. It's warm and sunny and silent and breezy and blue and green and everything good. Time just moves slower and is happier there.

The scoop is Kurt's lovely parents (awesome in-laws - love them!!) are building a new house on their next farm. So we get to live in their house! Yay!


I thought I'd add some pics so all my friends know what in the world I'm talking about!

My lovely in the cornfield




Keith & Marilyn's awesome new house



View from their four-season porch



Another view from their porch (our house in the background)


Keith & Marilyn's old casa (Our new casa) :)

Front yard (you can see Keith & Marilyn's across the field)

Another view of the front yard :)

I love flags. I'm so excited to have one in our front yard!


Cartwheel girl :)


I love this barn (where the kitties live)

Back of the casa!


I love the backyard!



More backyard views


The machine shed where we had our awesome barn dance wedding reception!

I'm sure I'll have more info and pics to post soon! :) The in-laws' house should be done on Sept. 1 so we'll move sometime after that... Yay!

1 comment:

The Hundley said...

Looks very Americana!