Tuesday, June 30, 2009

End of an Moose-alicious Era (almost)

OMFG. I cannot believe I'm about to admit what I'm ditching for the day. Mainly because I should in no way, shape or form have any of this stuff!!!!!!! I have a feeling my friend Craig will never talk to me again. lol.

So when I turned 30, I decided I was too old to wear my beloved Abercrombie jeans and quit shopping at my 2nd favorite store cold turkey (Von Maur has always been #1). I had been shopping there hardcore for YEARS. Since age 30 (appx 16 months ago), I've done three MAJJJJJOR purges of my A&F collection including lots of jeans, lots of sweaters, lots of long-sleeve stretchy numbers, lots of obnoxious striped items, etc etc. Kurt's god-sister (?) (it's his mom's god-daughter) is 13ish so she's been able to wear all the stuff, which is AWESOME! She's getting rather tall now though so not sure she can still rock my A&F jeans. For those of you wondering how the hell a 13 year old can wear my jeans, do know that I am only 4'11". End of short story.

Anyway! Kurt mentioned the other day that he has never even seen me get into one of the dressers in the spare room. lol. This dresser is my "jeans" dresser and happened to be PACKED sardine-style of jeans, pants, (apparently jean skirts, omg) and capri's that have PRESUMABLY/APPARENTLY made the cut from the three major post-30 wardrobe purges?? For lack of a more appealing offer, I decided to tackle this little # for my nightly seek & destroy project. I discovered and ditched 5 more pairs of A&F jeans, a pair of IT jeans and a pair of GAP jeans in there. Considering I don't wear jeans that often (have to dress up for work), chances are I would NEVER choose any of these jeans over my True Religions or even my 7's in ten million years. Gone! I also found several pairs of A&F khaki's in there I used to wear to WORK (omg no), 4 A&F jean mini-skirts (wtf * 2) and a white (wtf) A&F khaki skirt. At some point you need to evaluate your age and incorporate the fact you don't do 1,000 squats per week...and admit you will NEVER wear one of these jean mini-skirts again...even if they were in style, which sure AS HELL they are not! Goodbye.

Now I actually have room IN THE DRESSER for all of the decently cool jeans I stack ON TOP of the dresser. Yay. I ditched some other random stuff I had on top of the dresser and stashed on the side of the dresser. I also cleaned out a tote of little shirts/tanks and made a decent-sized ditchable stack, most consisting of moose-adorned attire. Ugh!

Now I say "almost" in the title because I did keep a bunch of A&F tanks I still wear under stuff, some plain-colored tees I don't really wear but could see myself wearing eventually. And fine, several pairs of capris for lack of any other capri's (in general, I never wear jean capri's anymore...soooo over them). I'm sure they'll be getting ditched during the next purge.

I am starting to agree with Kurt's mom that I should have a garage sale (she wants me to have one, so she can have one, lol). Ugh. It sounds like a lot of work!!

But the point is I'm sticking to my deal with the devil and Kurt's going to be way overjoyed when he gets home from the farm and sees yet another garbage bag in the hall and a huge stack of clothes for either Goodwill or the alleged garage sale that will most likely never happen. Who has time for this? And why do I save all these clothes I NEVER wear? Seriously?? Jean mini-skirts??? I'm dying.

1 comment:

K said...

jean mini skirts- nice