Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cleanout Curb

So Kurt's put the kabosh (sorta) on my cleaning. Our extra bedroom is literally FULL of my stuff from the previous blogs so there is NOWHERE to put my donations/garage sale items. Dang. I have randomly been throwing things away every day though :) Yay! I decided ex-nay on the garage-sale-a and would rather donate. Then Kurt's mom reallllly still wants to do it so I feel bad. This is only because she has more things than I do, so this buys her more time on what to NOT part with...ha. So until I decide, I have nowhere to go w/ my el junko. Ugh! I just DO NOTTTT feel like wasting a weekend to make a few hundy...however that could help feed my recently-developed Pottery Barn addiction... Hmmm...

In the meantime, since my deal with the devil has been put on temporary hold, I've picked out our new bedding, new shower curtain and new furniture. No one cares, I'm sure, but I'm at a loss for interesting blog topics. Remember I'm pregnant so the most outrageous thing I do is add lime juice to my water when I take my prenatals!

Here's the new bedding:


I bought all of the stuff in the pic, and I had our monogram added in apple green to match the dots. I also bought the quilt and quilted shams but in porcelain blue instead of watermelon (although I LOVVVVED the watermelon...not sure Kurt would have...lol). Here's the blue:



I didn't have the heart to mention to Kurt that the total I put on his cc last night did not include the bed skirt, extra pillowcases, curtains or ACTUAL DUVET (only included the cover). So hopefully he doesn't read this **smiles sweetly**! Loving him!! I'll be getting all of those things prior to the BIG MOVE! I'm guessing this will be coming out of my moving fund though...not our wedding fund. lol!

I'll miss our old bedding but it is pretty girly...and I'm excited to get new stuff. Yay! I like decorating and I'm TIRED of my old stuff. BEYOND over it!

Here's the new shower curtain for my bathroom (did I mention how excited I am for a boy-less bathroom):



I've realllllly, realllllly liked this little # for a long time but last night I noticed PB put it on clearance! Yikes! No bueno!! PB clearance does not = cheap but it does = no returns. I figured I'd better buy it, though, before they take it off the website completely and I developed a severe case of non-buyers remorse. Hopefully I'll love it since there are no returns on it! :) I'm going to be picking out random towels, rugs and whatever to go with this adorable shower curtain over the next couple of days. Yay for moving and redecorating!

Oh well, at least it's keeping me busy while Kurt's been working at the farm every night :)

We also picked out some furniture online, of which Kurt dropped off pictures to a custom furniture builder where his parents get their tables, chairs, cabinets, etc. It'll be interesting to see what this builder has to say! :) I'm sure it'll cost a million dollars and we'll be rolling to the furniture store like everyone else in the world (note: this is what I wanted to do all along-lol).


Muchoooo love!
Ann

1 comment:

Laura@SometimesCrafty said...

Lime juice in your water? You rebel you!! =) Hee hee!

Sounds like you are making good progress - good for you! Once school is over (3 weeks and counting!) I hope to get motivated to help Andy clean & organize our house too. Ugh. NOT looking foward to that!