Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome Back...

...on the last episode of Ann's Random Blog... You'll all remember I made a deal with the devil. My last post was Thursday, the 2nd. So here's the deal: Happy Late 4th, everyone! I did take a couple days off from Thee Holy Regime. This was ONLY because we had a 4th party to attend on Friday evening, then actually hosted a lil 4th gathering on Saturday. So Friday and Saturday consisted of shopping and prepping and making foodstuffs for those events. Sunday I helped (or pretended to help) restore the farm to it's original "order" (a.k.a. cleanest farm EVER) and Sunday night we watched the rescheduled fireworks in Dixon. End of Weekend. Waaah.

Monday was back to work (ew) and back to Thee Regime. On Saturday I couldn't find my awesome F&F Boutique rainboots so I texted Mr. Clean on their whereabouts. He responded with: "Look in your other closet. Your trunk." While I was trying to determine if I should spell out the f-word in my response or just write "eff" or "F" or "f***," he promptly followed up with a "Love u." Smart man...he's clean AND smart! So, whatever, Steward...step off my trunk. LOL. I'll admit the Audilicous has minimal trunk space due to all of Belle & I's junk. It's been a "lil" out of control as of late since Belle's been on the roll for the summer and people are constantly handing me bags of stuff they bought her or she brought out or whatever. Anyway, so I cleaned my trunk. Belle's entire American Girl collection, our sets of rainboots, 44 pairs (exaggerated )of flip flops, several tote bags, my winter coat (okay, two of them) are all in the house now in their respective spots. Yay. So, truly, it doesn't count as a "house clean out" per se but I did throw a bunch of items away and put some in the donation pile. :)

Last night, omfreakin'g, I hit the dreaded computer desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been avoiding it like the plague. From the outside it looks quite innocent. A big vintage wooden desk. It kind of rocks it. The drawers are PACKED full of random MBA books, notebooks and papers, cameras, CD's (blank, burned and purchased) packs of pictures (pre-digital camera) era, random adapters to whatever gadgets I've had over the past five years, keys, a couple rocks (?), three staplers, etc etc etc. This innocent desk yielded two garbage bags full of stuff. The funniest things I found were: five old cameras (4 digital, 1 non-digital), I'm sure their respective adapters, three old John Deere badges and a badge to a gym I cancelled membership to in May '08, and two bags of potpourri (I don't use potpourri). I mean FIVE cameras - really? Why? Okay, my last film camera I still had because the battery was dead BUT there were pics on the film. Obviously, you can't take out the film until all had been exposed. I tried, trust me. I then decided the pics most likely weren't worth the cost of the special battery just to take pics of the floor and then take out the film. Gone. Also included were my first digital (Kodak EasyShare), second digital (Canon Elph SD700 - movin' on up), Kurt's digital camera (about as cool as his computer he loves), and a random digital camera of my mom's. I threw them all away. Anyway, this is a really stupid story. I also found all of our wedding receipts! Oh, and a huge stack of my paystubs (unopened) from 2004 and 2005, in order. WTF?

I still have the top of the desk (a row of books) to clean and also the middle drawer (a.k.a. the card drawer). I'm saving these for another night! :) I'm too tired today so I'll have to find something to throw away. I think I'll clean out this lil decorative basket beside the desk and just throw away everything in it. Fun!

Mucho, mucho, love!
Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of throwing away your used digital cameras, you could have donated them to to Recycling For Charities. We accept old digital cameras, mobile phones, PDA's, etc. and donate them to charities of your choice!

Ann said...

Sorry, anonymous! I love donating! I would have totally donated them however none of them worked, which is why they were replaced in the first place. I have no idea why I kept the broken cameras in my desk. LOL!