Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pure Insanity

Written on Thursday, July 2:

Yep, Day 5. Still hitting the trash bags and Goodwill/Garage Sale piles! I'm starting to get depressed/annoyed at myself for keeping all of this stuff I NEVER wear or use. Maybe Kurt is right - lol.

Tonight I went into the trenches...our attic. It's actually a big room off of the bedroom but for some reason my whole family calls it the attic. I think it's because everyone for the last fifty years has always used it for storage (due to lack of ANY other storage). I mined an ENTIRE laundry basket packed full of purses/handbags/wallets for giveaway. Then I found an entire HUGE storage tote FULL of sweaters and long sleeved shirts. OMG! I decided to not even go through it. I just put it ALL in the pile. Why? I recall packing these shirts away over three years ago when I was trying to put away winter clothes "for the summer." The fact I didn't look for them for three years indicates to me I'll never wear ANY of that stuff again. Ew. Goodbye.

In the "attic," there is an old armoire type of thing. I have all kinds of random clothing in it. That's where you see the big stack on top of the laundry basket in the pic. I made it about 1/3 of the way through this armoire.

The funniest part of the night is a humongous Victoria's Secret bag I FILLED WITH BELTS. Oh god, I have no idea how many but wow were they hilarious!!!!!!!!! Honestly, at least FIFTY BELTS, probably more. Why did I save all of these? Some I seriously remember wearing in college. This is just not normal. lol.

The bad news is the stuff for donating is really starting to stack up in the extra bedroom, which is about to give my farmer a heart attack. Yikes!

Post more soon!

Love,
Moi

No comments: