Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Motion of the Lotion

...as in out the door.

I decided to hit up the lotion cabinet tonight. It's actually a really tall antique cabinet that serves as our bathroom closet as surprise, surprise: there is no closet in the bathroom! There is no closet in the bathroom because when the house was built, the bathroom was the outhouse. Therefore, the bathroom was snuck in later behind the kitchen = no room for a closet.

Shockingly, I had an entire shelf DEDICATED to lotions and lotions and lotions. And corresponding body sprays and whatnot. Granted, it's true...I am a shower freak, as previously mentioned. That being said, I buy a lot of lotion. I also feel terrible throwing away any gifts people get me. So I had a huge shelf of this stuff that I may have used at one point for awhile, but switched to something else. In most cases, I won't go back to the old stuff.

I have an ENTIRE fabric Hy-Vee bag packed FULL of bottles of lotions and body sprays. My friend is going to empty them and recycle them. Yay, Kate!



I also was able to purge almost all of my sunscreen collection, like 20 bottles of nailpolish, a bunch of hair ribbons Belle doesn't wear anymore, several types of band-aid boxes after consolidating the contents, etc.



Sorry for the bad pic quality. Kurt accidentally threw away my camera cable so I had to take pics with my phone and upload until I can replace it. Well, at least I'm blaming the cord loss on him. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact my desk and closets are in a disarray! BUT O.M.G. I should've taken a before and after shot. The before picture would look similar to the above picture, except imagine the inside looking like the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina. I seriously cannot even explain the difference but my farmer seems impressed this is like Day 4 and I'm still ditchin'...and he can now open the bathroom "closet" without going into cardiac arrest!

So this is a totally lame post. But it IS a bathroom closet and that's the hottest scoop that could come from a bathroom closet! :) Still ditching stuff so...yay! Eventually, I'll have to move on to the computer desk. Ugh!!

Mucho love!!
Ann

No comments: