Sunday, January 18, 2009

::cues Pam Tillis::

"Just hurry back to the land of the living...
Things have changed, since you've been go-o-ne..
The world is turning in the land of the living...
Take a deep breath, life goes on...life go-o-es on..."

Okay, so that song is technically about a bad break up and a girl realizing she wasted a lot of time on a guy. But it seems to fit my most recent "situation."

Oh my God, that SUCKED. Here's what happened: Last Sunday, Kurt and Belle went to breakfast with Tim and the Shaffer lil ones. Sunday night, Kurt fell ill with the flu. Monday night, Tim got it. Tuesday night, Belle got it. Thursday, Mandy had it. I was thinking I was sitting pretty and even started wondering if yoga was improving my previously low-tolerance to germs. Then it happened...

I woke up at 4:30ish a.m. on Saturday morning with the feeling I knew I was going to throw up. Of course I thought, "OMG..." and tried to ignore it.. You've all been there. Unfortunately, and I do mean UNFORTUNATELY, I had asked for a random vegetable grilled sandwich at Granite City the night before. It wasn't on the menu but it was a mix of various veggies grilled with garlic and olive oil. UGH UGH UGH. Never again!!!

I just went downhill from there and I had about 10% life in me all day/night Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon. I called my mom crying like three times. My day mostly consisted of laying in my bed blankly staring at the wall in our bedroom, thinking of foods I hate (omelets, sausage pizza, etc) and throwing up 5,578,016 times. I didn't even get on the internet for 2 whole days!!! Thank god for the b.berry as I occasionally checked it for emails and facebook updates from my death bed.

The husb :) made me a cooler of full of blue-gatorades and 7-ups to go by the bed. He also changed my beloved Golden Girls boxed set DVD's for me. I made it through the entire Season 3 and almost Season 4. I made my mom come over and sit with me for awhile. I was so happy to see her so maybe we do get along after all. I literally stayed in bed from Friday post-Granite City until Sunday night around 7pm. Got back into bed around 10pm.

Finally, by Sunday night, I was starting to feel a little better. I watched the only two shows I watch: Rock of Love III and Tool Academy. Ha!!

Damn flu! Here are all the things I missed this weekend b/c of it:
Shopping with Jessica. Taking Belle to gymnastics. Vin III at the shala (thanks for the well wishes, Z!!!!). Thai yoga massage with Kelly (I was so looking forward to this, too!!). Trivia night in Dixon with my friends. Ashtanga at the shala (grrrr). Playing the new wii fit with Kurt and Belle today (Yay! Kurt was doing yoga!!) Rascal Flatts concert in Des Moines. I'm pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed. Entire weekend, gone. Luckily, I have off work tomorrow :)

Well, I better get back to finishing Season 4 of "Thank you for being a friend..."

I'll try to make my next blog more cheerful :)

After being out of bed for 3 hours today, I need a nap... *yawn*

Namaste!!
A.

PS - Thanks to everyone who sent me get well texts, emails, phone calls and FB messages. I know I'm totally drama when I'm sick so all of this really helped!! :) :) :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying that you've been sick!!! :( Feel better soon!!! Telephone-moi!

Z said...

Hmmm... Wii yoga - Do you get to do Garba Pindasana or Nakrasana? That would be cool.

Z

Trish said...

OMG! This totally reminds me of a post I made not that long ago!! I'm glad you are feeling better. I do know how bad that sucks!

Ann said...

Trish, I remember! The Purell post!!!!!!! OMG...now I know how wretched you felt. Indescribable! Is that even a word??? Maybe not...but it's true in the case of the flu! *wink*

God, having the flu SUCKS!!!! I wish I'd listened to you about the Purell!!

BG said...

Well Ann, I have not gotten sick yet this year (and I won't knock on wood because that is crap!), but I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sat. at the shala was the usual crazy yoga shtuff: I don't know what pose did it, but my triceps are KILLING ME yesterday and today!

Last week, Kelly (subbing for Evan) pulled out Eka Pada Galavasana (http://z.about.com/d/yoga/1/8/n/2/flyingcrow.jpg)

To DO the pose at all: $10. To straighten the back leg: $20. To hold it all for 5 breaths: PRICELESS!

Out,

B.

K said...

Sorry you missed your concert. I forgot about that.

Shanti