Monday, January 26, 2009

Weather = Ew

Ugh, the weather. The weather, the weather, the weather. We are all talking about it but none of us can stop! Including me! This is because it IS the horrid arctic tundra!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tundra, I say! Tundra!

I'm sooooo glad the farmboy *smiles* and I leave for Jamaica in 20 days! Yay! We're going to Negril for 8 days. Cannot wait! The weather is in the 80's there every day. I soooooo need another picture taken with some parrots on a beach somewhere! Jamaica has a lot to live up to since I LOVED the Dominican soooooo much :)


I need to start packing. Hmmmm...what to take?? I did buy some new cute-ish dresses at the mall a couple of weeks ago. This was because I didn't take too many dresses to The Dominican in July and I wished I had. I didn't take too many dresses to The Dominican in July because I had taken ALL dresses to Cancun last December and wished I had taken more capris and jeans instead. Does anyone feel like this is starting a "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly" type of a conversation? I also took TONS of jewelry to Cancun and tried not to do this when we went to the DR. Of course, I was missing my jewelry with every outfit. So needless to say, this trip will take some advance planning since we'll be gone TWICE as long as DR. :) Kurt loves me! Ha! Also, I took minimal amounts of shoes. You can't tell in these pictures but the shoes were lame and the jewelry was all wrong!!! I'm not saying it's a fashion show but you should at least make an effort to coordinate. With the wedding craziness winding down, I was trying to be "carefree" and "wild" and pack less than Kurt. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! This time, I'm loading up on clothing, shoe-thing, and accessories!!!!!
I do vow to take less makeup this time (more room for shoes/jewelry/junk). I have a Chanel quad that I adore, so that is the only eyeshadow I'll take. One blush, one Lancome lip gloss...well also my new Stila lip stain/gloss, two mascaras (one waterproof/one not). My Shu Umera eyelash curler, definitely. This is so minimal for me!! Of course I need all of my many brushes, though. Who can live without them? I didn't take a straightener or curling iron to the DR. What a mistake. I'm not really that high maintenance but I hate to not have the entire contents of my bathroom at my disposal. Am I the only one like this? This one bag, 50 lb weight limit poses a problem.

To get some perspective, a la Sophia from the Golden Girls: Picture it. Argentina. October 2004. Work trip. I left to come back to the U.S. BY MYSELF. The others had to stay a little longer but I had a vacation scheduled, I think. When I checked in, I had a large suitcase that weighed 69.0 lbs!!!! The limit was 70 lbs! I about died. Then I had a garment bag weighing 30 lbs. And my laptop bag and purse. I carried all of this crap by myself. OMG, how did I do this?? Granted, I was there for 6 weeks. But the point is, I travel heavy, people. I like to be prepared for pretty much anything that could happen. More pics of Argentina need to be posted. Soon!!!!


Probably the funniest travel story (OK, not THE funniest but one of them) I have was when I went to Paris for 3 weeks to audit the credit joint venture. I packed heavy, per usual. My dad came to my apartment to pick me up and drive me at the airport. At the very last second, I tossed my tennis shoes out of the suitcase and by the door and rolled on out. They were making a little indent out of my suitcase so I thought, how much would we really walk around Paris, anyway? "We'll take cabs everywhere." Yeah RIGHT!! I walked around Paris in these sweet thick cork-bottom Sbicca sandals or black stilletos for 3 weeks. Walked miles and miles and miles. And miles. Oh God, we walked EVERYWHERE!! LOL. I only *sorta* fell once and this was going up the stairs of the subway. I think it made me a better person because I will never again forget to pack tennis shoes for a trip :) You just never know. Ha!
























Anyway, there is really no point to this blog except the weather is WRETCHED and I sooooooooo miss traveling. :)

Love you all and NAMASTE!!!!!!

Ann :)

P.S. Requests now being taken for dorky beach yoga poses (in sanskrit only-lol). Remember, I am not an instructor by any means...so this will look really bad but could be funny!
P.P.S. It has to be something I can at least sort of do. No Warrior III! Ha! J/K, I'll throw in a III.
P.P.P.S. No G.P. We are broken up until 1 March. :P

4 comments:

Z said...

How's 'bout Salamba Sirsasana? *lol* Maybe you'll get to work on it in tonight's class.

Z

Ann said...

Ha! Done! I'm not scared of falling over into the sand!

I have to take my 50 lb. beagle to the vet tonight to discuss "her diet" so I may not make it to class. Lugging her around will be a workout though :)

Trish said...

I couldn't agree more! I can't wait to get the F outta here! Course I am facing the exact same dilemma as we have the two-legged trip. Skiing beforehand. I think I will need two 50 lb suitcases. Thank the LORD we get to do that without being charged, however it will be me that is hating life walking through the airport, but I will have plenty of wardrobe choices! I have to laugh at the story about Paris! I damn near wore through my shoes as I never took one cab in Paris!! Insane! I so want to go back! Girl trip? ;)

Jen said...

I love that parrot pic!

Can you pack me (and my little guy) in your suitcase. We need a vacay!