Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mini-Ommmm!!

Mucho thanks to Kelly for giving Bella a teeny tiny Tapas Yoga Shala shirt!! She was loving it so much she made me move the antique trunk/coffee table (FYI - it's not light) so she could "practice" with her yoga mat I gave her. Ha!





She needed to take rest!

She actually really likes doing yoga and is surprisingly good at it for a seven year old! I know this because before TYS officially opened, I would OCCASIONALLY (more like RARELY because I hated it) would do the Richard Freeman primary series DVD and she'd do it with me for awhile. I'm hoping she's not traumatized because one day she goes, "Oh my God, I can't do this anymore. That guy needs to put something over his underwear!" I didn't even realize that Freeman was rockin' the 1980's exercise shorts. Scary if you're 7! OMG...

Needless to say, we haven't done the Freeman video since. I don't think her teachers would dig it if she told them I let her watch some guy downward dog in his underwear and I have to admit, they do look like underwear! I then bought a Gaiam DVD to replace Freeman but although the guy is fully clothed, I decided I'd wayyyy rather go to yoga class than do it at home.
However, she apparently picked up more from the DVDs than I thought because at the end of her little routine, she laid down and goes, "I'm a corpse!" Yikes!!!!!! Thank God she doesn't know what that word means! Ha!

Namaste y'all!!

Ann & Belle (mini-ommm)
P.S. I second Z.'s THANK YOU to Evan and Kelly for putting on the Iron Ashtangi Challenge!! It was awesome and everyone had a great time!! :) :) :)
P.P.S. Iron Ashtangi blog with promised Garba 'Pain'dasana commentary coming soon...

4 comments:

Ursula said...

Oh, this little girl is so great. Amazing. Sweeeeet.

Jen said...

So totally cute!I'm jealous of her bhujangasana.

As for the video, I'd be more worried if she was inviting her tiny gal pals over to watch the old man in the short shorts.

K said...

What a stylish yogini!!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the mini-ommmm! :) Tell Belle hi for me, I haven't seen her in forever and miss her. And YOU for that matter!!! We need to get together ASAP...maybe lunch this week...?

PS - Dying about the short-shorts...UGH!