Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Resurrection

Sorry, Clarice.

Okay, so I am back to the land of the living. This means no more skipping yoga!!! Here is my list of excuses why I hadn't yoga'd since last Sunday...for anyone that cares.... ::notes train passing in distance, followed by silence::

Blanket excuse for Mon 12th - Fri 16th: Closing week at work = week from hell since I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Hell. There, I said it again. We all know this blog is not for virgin ears. :P

Specific excuses for Mon 12th - Tues 20th.
Mon 12th - No yoga at Indigo or Shala = party day/recovery from the 11th.

Tues 13th - Belle was el sicko.

Wed 14th - Belle was sick so couldn't ballet, so therefore, I couldn't Indigo or Shala. :( Also, Indigo was closed, I think. I was supposed to go to class @ Ambrose but didn't do that either due to the weather and Belle being sick.

Thurs 15th - Indigo was closed and I worked until midnight at home due to icky weather.

Fri 16th - I def couldn't leave work in time to get to yoga by 4:15 at Indigo. No yoga at Shala.

Sat 17th - On my deathbed staring at the wall during Vinyasa III @ Shala. Head hanging over side of bed, suspended over a trash can. I looked HOT!!!!!! Not!!!!

Sun 18th - Still on deathbed but now watching Golden Girls Season 4 on dvd...sulking about missing Ashtanga and my concert in Des Moines.

Mon 19th - I did a couple of yoga poses on Wii Fit! I was a yoga master at Warrior II and Sun Salutation. But I was only two stars at tree! LOL. I can't believe I never wanted a Wii. Greatest invention for families EVER! I have to do some more super hula hooping to unlock another yoga pose!

Cometh Tuesday the 20th. OMG I can tell I've been on yoga hiatus. Some poses I could miraculously sort of do for the first time ever (firefly). Some poses I was dying (downward dog - lol). I don't expect to ever do the fly again. I have no idea what happened and it was definitely not too cute, I'm sure.

Anyway, I had the scare from again, hell, today in yoga. I took the last open spot in the room (now I know why it was open). After only a couple poses I felt this weird freezing/sweating/chilled/overheated combo going on. I thought, OMG the BIRD FLU IS BAAACK and started scoping for the nearest trash can to throw up in. Then I noticed I was Warrior I'ing in front of the space heater. Duh. Never again. Kind of like Sunday yoga by the radiator. As a side note, am I the only one who sometimes wishes someone would rip the radiator off its hinges and hurl it into the middle of Brady Street mid-vinyasa?? :P

No Warrior III today so that is good. :) :)

Namaste, y'all! I guess I better see if I have an assignment for tomorrow night's class. :)

Mucho love,
Ann

P.S. I realize all of these excuses are pretty lame since many of you know that I have the super-duper-new "The Black Mat" and the Ashtanga book like Kathy's. HA!

2 comments:

Z said...

Bam! I'm a firefly *lol*

Yeah... The radiator is not on my friends list at the Shala either.

re:WIII - I'm just waiting for dikasana to make a reappearence for the V3 class. Oh Joy! It's so much more fun when you've been on the bike for an hour or two earlier in the day.

Jen said...

Glad you are on the mend. I have no excuse but being baby mama that prevents me from getting to the shala. At least I'm squeezing in 15 minutes here and there at home. Maybe this weekend...