Thursday, January 29, 2009

Des Moines or Bust

So...we're headed to Des Moines this weekend. Dez Moinezzzz, etc. Kurt has a farming conference up there, so he roped me into going by bribing me with good food, visiting my work friends while he's in the conference and Jordan Creek Mall.

I'm particularly fond of Des Moines as I worked up there for like eight months in 2005. I loved it. Before that, I was already a frequent Des Moineser because Heidi lived in Ankeny. Back when I was single...lol...I'd go up and visit her on the weekends and we'd go to Miss Kitty's, best country bar in Iowa! Got into some trouble but we definitely had FUN. :)

Anywho, living up there for eight months can get one attached to all of the many yummy eateries. I still really miss Cool Basil, Hu Hot, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's (my fave!!), Arthur's Garden Deli, Macoroni Grill, Rock Bottom Brewery and Planet Sub. GODDDDDDDDDDDD YUM. Ugh! I hate the QC!!!

I had even planned a little yoga-ing for the weekend at a sweet yoga joint in West Des Moines! I was all excited! Then *dun-dun-dunnnn* I did "the trick" on Belle: "Do you want to go to Des Moines with us or to Grandma's???" Almost always, she'll shriek "Grandma's!!!" over her other option...no matter what the other option. She says, "Des Moines!!!!" OMG... I feel bad leaving her behind. I remember what it was like to be a kid and love to stay in hotels. My parents used to take us to Cubs games during the summer and staying at the hotel was just a fun as the games and the awesome Chicago activities we'd do.

So, for now, the plan is to bring munchkina along. It's possible she'll pack her bag for Gramma's tomorrow but we'll just have to see :)

I'm sad about not making Sunday class OR new yoga "hot vinyasa" but I'm going to bring my mat to DSM with full intentions of practicing the Primary Series in the hotel room. "LOL - sure..." you scoff. LOL! I'm serious this time!! Haha.

Mucho love,
Ann

4 comments:

BG said...

"I'm going to bring my mat to DSM with full intentions of practicing the Primary Series in the hotel room."

blah blah, Ann... let us know how THAT goes for ya! You can do it! Make us proud. Or...lie and say you did it!

B.

Jen said...

Have fun and eat some yummy foods for the rest of us! QC restaurants have bored me to death.

Z said...

Just be tossing that black mat down and go... "Bam! Primary Series!"

Where / what is the name of the yoga joint in West Dead Moans? You could always take Ms Belle to yoga

Ann said...

Z. you're a genius! I called the place - Green House Yoga - and she said Belle can practice as long as I think she'll be quiet in rest.

Mini-om takes her yoga seriously so I hope she will listen to me and be "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" :)

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!