Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Weekend!

Hooooooola! Sorry, very sorry for the posting M.I.A. I have had next to nothing to blog about...and have about 8 blogs started but not finished! So here is a little weekend update since my weekend was "action packed.: LOL. Yeah...

FRIDAY
Friday I went to Shannon's yoga at 4:15. :) Yay! A group of us from Deere used to always go, but I haven't been going due to my new j.o.b. They expect me to work 40 hours... or something... So the whole leaving at 3:45 thing doesn't fly. :( HOWEVER, I was working in my old job on Friday :) and my old manager was always very pro-exercise and networking so she of course supports John Deere yoga. Why the hell did I get a new job again?? Duh!


SATURDAY
Saturday I took Belle to gymnastics, then took Belle and Francesca to Tantra Asian Bistro on 53rd. Yummity Yum!!! My totally fave place. If you haven't been, you must go!! Then, omg, I took the girls roller skating. I tried to not skate but then right away Francesca fell and skate patrol had to give her an ice pack on the other side of the rink. So I ended up renting the damn skates and rollin' on over. By that time, she was off and making the rounds again. The girls had fun and this country girl was definitely was able to catch up on the latest pop songs. "So so what. I'm a rockstar..." (or something) by Pink, and the ingenious Beyonce song "If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it!!!" God, I love that song. Ha!!

I am still a pretty good skater...LONG LIVE KIMBERLY PINES! I used to live pretty close to the old skating rink (Kimberly Pines) in Davenport. My mom wasn't exactly overly cautious so she used to let my friend Karen and I go to all-night skates all the time. I was like 10. Is she freaking crazy??? Anyway, I had some sweet white skates with pink and purple rollers. I ruled. If you had your own skates, you were legit. Kind of like "the black mat" and yoga. BAM!

Saturday night we went to a benefit for our friend's uncle. Never has the world seen a bottle of Jack Daniels get continously auctioned off (even after opened and 1/2 drank) for over $3,000. Yes, I said over $3,000. They raised a lot of dinero for the uncle though, so that is awesome!!!


SUNDAY
Sunday I got my a$$ kicked in the primary series @ la Tapas Yoga Shala! OMG I was dying. Not sure if it was the 2,000 Coors Lights from Saturday night or if I just all-around sucked at balance from flu-skipping last week (balance isn't my forte anyway) but I was having some serious issue with the big toe balance on the first side. I kept hopping around and practically falling over. LOL. I have no idea. Basically, my practice today was a mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly...

The Good:
1) OMG I did Marichyasana D by myself for the first time (w/o Evan or Kelly wrenching me into it). This only happened on the first side. The second side, I was wrenched by Evan. Kelly may be small, but trust me, the girl is strong...especially when she uses her leg as a brace to contort you into craziness. She was able to wrench me into Marich D during the Intro class one day. I haven't been able to do it for the five months since...so no idea how she did this when I first started yoga! Ha! As a side note, I'm looking forward to my Thai Yoga Massage with Kelly on Feb. 7th!!! :)

2) I was able to Baddha Padmasana and catch the toes! OMG... I think I've only been able to do this one other time, then I couldn't do it for like a month and now I can do it again. I have no idea. Weird.
3) I've kind of been working on vinyasaing. It's kind of sort of working but I can't jump back yet. Okay well I CAN jump back but it's very "bowed" if you will. Ha.
4) I can "jump through straight legs"-ish and do the slide!! I finally tried this on the kitchen floor at home (per Kelly's suggestion) and it worked. Bueno!!! This does not look like Evan/Kelly/Shannon's.
5) I held the utthi pluthi (spell?) for 10 counts again. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Judging by the soreness in my shoulders today, I expect it to be another month before I try this again. Ha!

Now for The Bad:
1) As mentioned, the first Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana (right toe thing) was HORRID. LOL. I'm dying just think of it. I was thinking of throwing in the towel for the day at that point.
2) My chagrasana (aka backward somersault) wasn't so cute. Today was exceptionally bad because I somehow (lol - no clue) hit my thumb on the wood floor and got a splinter under my thumbnail. Yikes.

And finally The Ugly (very, very ugly):
1) Ok, seriously. Garbha Pindasana and I are parting ways until March. It's kind of that love/hate relationship. While getting sprayed down is funny and feels pretty damn good when you are feeling the Mysore-style heat in the room, this pose just sucks. Today I could get the first arm through but not the second. This led to a SERIOUSLY ugly 1/2 Kukkutasana/1/2 scale pose combo. Not cute but at least I stayed up. Ha!! I have broken the news to Garbha and it agrees we should "not talk" for awhile and "just see what happens." Shanti, G.P.

2) Uttana Padasana. Only made about 1/2 of the counts on this one, if that...in an up one, down two, up two, down one, type of tired-person pattern.
The quote of the day was definitely Pete saying to me, "God, he counts slow." Love Pete!!

Post-yoga and post-shower, we went to Los Agaves for late dejeuner. We then met our friends, Luke and Carrie, for bowling. It was awesome and trust me, people, Carrie and Luke will definitely be the first people I call if I ever start a league. Okay, my dad will be the first, but C&L the second. This league will probably never happen though, as I am not a good bowler!! Belle had lotsa fun, even though her favorite part was the glowing blinking thing I bought her and the Spree candy machine. :)

We came home and worked on some more Disney planning on where to make dining reservations. We're getting pretty close. Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated!!

Love you all and NAMASTE, SHANTI, etc!

Ann :)

1 comment:

K said...

Thanks for the Thai Yoga shout out!!! Nice job on the lift up! Doesn't that feel awesome. I was tucked away in the corner up there and loved it. Mari C, I twisted around and remember there was a room full of people behind me. Wonderful.