Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bad Idea

Sometimes my gift ideas for the husband are GREAT. Like when I buy him expensive carmel apples or boxes of Lago's toffee. In other words, I buy those great gifts "for ussssssss." :) He's extremely hard to buy for and forced me into this behavior, for the record. And I can only buy the dude SO MANY car wash giftcert packages per year (although he loves them, trust me). He really doesn't like gambling so a few lottery tickets in his Christmas stocking are good so he doesn't have to pretend to like them more than once per year.

He buys me awesome prizes but hello, I'm easy to buy for!

So, a couple weekends ago, we were out and about. The husb dropped me off at the gym and ran to Best Buy with Le Bebe. He picks me up and in the bag, he has two movies: something I already forgot and Inglorious Basterds (spell)? He does this occasionally...buys movies that we never will watch again. Unlike myself :), he is super good with money so I feel bad having him waste funds he could be using to buy me spa gift certificates and flowers. J/K. Anyway, I'm like "Why did you buy these?" Him: "Because I have been wanting to see them and we never get to watch movies." So then I felt bad because while I HATE watching movies, he LOVES watching them. It's kind of hard to watch movies when he's taking care of everything around here and Belle watches Disney Channel 24/7. Seriously, there are soooo many movies I haven't seen. This means new and old. Some that people can't believe but no, I haven't seen are: Goonies, Revenge of the Nerds, Weekend at Bernie's, Ghostbusters, etc. Unless you are Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Clueless, The Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing, Legally Blonde (I & II), Sweet Home Alabama, Bad Boys, Boiler Room or Dead Man on Campus, I have not seen you!

So, I had a "great idea" to buy him a year of NetFlix for Valentine's Day. He seems to love it and it's working out great! I can't believe we've lived without it for so long. He is so sweet too because he has a bunch of movies I would like on the list (e.g. Four Christmases). Oh and he discovered the Reba dvd's on there, too. haha! I was really LOVING this gift that I (once again) apparently got for US! ha!

Here's where the good idea ends...

SO I was hanging out watching Inglorious Basterds tonight...
WTF. Dumbest movie ever. I just don't have the patience for movies. I also don't really like death or blood so any guy movie is pretty much lame to me. Duh, I should have realized that Kurt's tv in his "man lair" used to be decent until we acquired the flat-screen in the living room! So instead of lairing it up with Brad Pitt and his fake Southern accent, I'm sitting on the couch, missing Golden Girls and watching people get scalped. ????

Then, he is checking out his NetFlix that arrived. He's like, "I got us Four Christmases." That was good and sooo sweet of him. :) Then he said, "You probably don't want to watch 310 to Yuma?" I'm like, "WTF is that?" He says, "It's a modern-day Western." Haha. I love this guy. He is hilarious. But no way in hell am I watching that!!!!!!!!!!!!! But oh guess what, I'm sure it will be on the living room tv within the next couple of days and I'll be watching a damsel in distress ride away on a horse. The thing I don't get about Westerns is isn't it always the same plot? Aka - there isn't one?

The moral of the story is that while I will get some good out of this gift I bought for "him," including Reba and cool movies, I'll also be blogging and watching people get shot, scalped and quartered after Belle is in bed every night. lol.

I need to exchange the NetFlix for an industrial-size box of English Toffee :) I would have done this originally, but toffee isn't on my workout regimen.

Mucho love,
The Inglorious Gift-giver :)

PS -I remembered the other movie he bought at Best Buy! It was The Hangover. Hilarious. I was dying!!!!

No comments: