Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shanti

Holla. Made it to yoga. It wasn't NEARLY as wretched and harsh as the first time I went to yoga post-bebe. OH IT WASN'T GOOD BY ANY MEANS, just not AS BAD as last time. I'll try not to L&B too much this week although I make no promises. :)

Here is what has sucked about my yoga experience in the last couple years:

Pre-Baby: Not being able to do stuff I KNOW I should be able to do because I could have easily done it when I was younger. This encompasses a lot of poses. lol. But then I remind myself that I haven't cheered in 10 years so hello, that's a long time.

Post-Baby: Not being able to do stuff I KNOW FOR SURE I can do because hello, I could do it like 9 months ago. lol. e.g. ultpluthi:
I used to be able to hold this for 10 and wow, guess what! Now I can hold it for 0. Mainly because I can't get to it at all. And I'm pretty sure I could never get THAT far off the floor. lol.
I was SHOCKINGLY able to bind in a couple of poses this week that could not the last time. One was Marichiasana (spell!!) C. I just said, oh well, I'll try to grab. I got it! Granted it was like by the fingernails at first (lol) but I was able to catch my fingertips and even skipped the vinyasas to continue holding it on both sides.

This girl is ripped, btw.

Anyway, that is my yoga scoop! :) Tomorrow it's back to the lame old gym. *yawn*

Mucho love,
~Ann :)

2 comments:

BG said...

Bravo Ann! Good to see you coming back...

K said...

Go ANN!