Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ann's Favorite Things Vol. I

*Brown paper packages tied up with strings...these are a few of my favorite things...* Sound of Music did it, Oprah does it, so I can share my loves with the world, too.

I wouldn't say I'm high maintenance but I'm more so than low or medium maintenance. ha! We all know I love my family, friends, being yogalicious, school and handbags. Granted, this is an uber-fulfilling life right there!! But what else?

There are some things in life that I have found to literally be the greatest things ever. And I will share these things! Note this is Vol. I, which means there will be more volumes to come. I'll try to spread out the makeup and beauty products over various volumes throughout the coming months. Cool? Cool. Coolness.

In no particular order and without further ADO:



#1 - iPods. Seriously, anyone living without one is living in sin, or hell, or whatever. C'mon now.





#2 - Laura Mercier face moisturizer. Granted it's kind of expensive for a somewhat tiny jar but it 'lasts and long time and is worth every dime.' *wink*
OMG!! that rhymed! I would highly recommend buying some NOW.


#3 - Two-week disposal contacts. I have ALWAYS sworn by these lil' numbers. Not sure why others choose regular contacts or dailies or choose to roll au naturale and squint and get headaches. Put these babies in, sleep with them in, shower with them in, whatever. Literally no maintenance and very inexpensive. I go months without even knowing where my glasses are and can still see the clock in the middle of the night. To be more specific, in case anyone cares, I use Acuvue Oasys.

#4 - My Sigg bottle. Very stylish and very good for you! No plasticy leaking, leeching, whatever/etc. Now, I do have the pesky old diet soda obsession (pish, posh) so the Sigg encourages me to drink water, ya know...in between Diet Cokes! *cracks open a can* Oops. Plus I never forget it considering it's huge and the brightest purple I've ever seen. They sell them at Dick's Sporting Goods.




#5 - Uggs, seriously. Who can live without these? I compare life without Uggs to walking on hot coals or broken glass, or sleeping on beds of nails. Am I the only one who remembers Circus of the Stars???





#6 - Coach wristlets. Is it a wallet? Is it a purse? Is it something to take $1's in to ensure great service at the beach bar in Mexico?? No one really knows. I use them for all of the above.

#7 - Robes. Not sure why, I just like robes. I have a hot pink one from Victoria's Secret that = love. It's hideously hotteous pink and matches nothing in my bathroom but yet it usually hangs on the bathroom door in case I want to wear it.


#8 Bed, Bath & Biscuits. The greatest dog grooming and boarding place in the QC. It's this adorable little facility by West Lake. It's really nice and this chica freaking LOVES LOVES LOVES dogs. I never feel sad leaving the crew because they are so happy and get so much attention and exercise at BB&B. When Kurt and I went on our honeymoon, she gave them all little bride dog toys. LOL. The # is 563-381-DOGS. Highly recommend!!

#9 http://www.thelimited.com/. Suffice it to say I love the work clothes and jewelry at The Limited in Southpark but cannot F*&^ING stand shopping there...so I do not and will not. Double yay to them FINALLY developing a website for shopping! I have been boycotting The Limited since Springtime and thus looking super dorky at work. I discovered this website and ordered seven pairs of work pants during their pants sale for $205. Craziness....anarchy really. Can't wait 'til they arrive!! ALMOST all of my old work pants ===> garbage!

#10 The Breakfast Club. Totally worthy of it's own blog posting (soon, very soon)!!! I effing ADORE this movie!

John Bender: Hey, Cherry. Do you belong to the physics club? Claire Standish: That's an academic club. John Bender: So? Claire Standish: So academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs. John Bender: Ah... but to dorks like him, they are. What do you guys do in your club? Brian Johnson: Well, in physics we... we talk about physics, properties of physics. John Bender: So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?

The Breakfast Club is awesomely awesome and helped define the lives of so many since it's premier in 1985. Well, maybe not "so many", but what the hell, let's just all say "Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club" together anyway: (in chorus) "Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club." You know you love it, too!!!!!

::cues "Don't you...forget about me..."::

Peace & Love, peace & love, y'all!

A.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Love this post. I have to say that many of your favorite things are mine as well. I'm sitting in my robe while commenting.