Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Hellllllllo Louis!!!!!!!" + What I'm Doing


In an effort to give "Louis" a proper intro, Kurt and I made a laughable, impromptu attempt to re-create the Audrey Hepburn photo (see top right hand corner of my blog for Audrey photo). Granted, the outfit, background and hairstyle are all wrong, my red eye apparently wasn't working during this time, and I look nothing like A.H., but work with me here, people!!! I am thinking of doing some others like this, when I go on trips, and doing like a "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiago" type of thing. Thoughts?? **Silence** Ha!!


OMG so we celebrated like 9,000 Christmases over the past week. Which was coolish, just took F.O.R.E.V.E.R.! I love the holidays but we are all ready to have our old lives back. Even TODAY, we celebrated not one but TWO Christmases. The first with Kurt's mom's extended family and the second with my mom and brother.


Speaking of Christmas #1 today, it was at NOON...on Sunday. Yes, Ashtangs, I gasped as well. It was ACTUALLY supposed to be LAST SUNDAY, but Kurt's aunts canceled at the last minute due to inclimiate weather. I decided I absolutely couldn't miss two Sundays in a row, so I went to Ashtanga until headstand, and had to boogie on out. The POINT of this long story is that Kurt's entire family is uncomfortable-ish with eachother anyway. They all dress up pretty cute and go sit and talk about the weather. Hmmmm...exciting. I fly out to the farm and arrive on the scene 1.5 hours late in a hot outfit: teal fleece v-neck pullover, lime greens pajama pants with dogs on them and "yoga hair." HOTNESS!!! Oh well... P.S. If you are questioning if I showered before arriving on the scene, the answer is "no." GAROSSSSSSSSSS! I did shower before yoga, of course, and after I got home from the gathering!


Yoga class was a rough one. I skipped yoga all last week due to the insane amount of Christmas gatherings, so I was feeling muy "ew" and out of shape. I could definitely tell a difference in how long it took to warm up compared to normal. This might also be because I didn't get out of bed until 10am...yikes!! I decided to be "cute" the night before and drink too many Bud Lights in a can at the Eargasm show. It was a certainly a fun time and a great show but I'm definitely never drinking again!! :)


Muy loves, hugs and namastes to y'all.


Love,

Ann

3 comments:

BG said...

Ann,
I think MOST of us were hurting today at the Shala, I know I was. Too much drinky, too little sleepy the night before.
I thought it was going to be rough, however...by the Standing Leg Lifts (never my forte even on a GOOD day), I started hurtin' pretty huge, all the way till the Finishing Sequence, ug.
A sad class for yours truly, but I was happy to get back into it.
I'm gearing up for the "Iron Man/Woman 4-day Ashtanga Challenge" coming up: Mysore Thursday at 1:00, Free Primary Series Friday at 5:30, Evan's Vinyasa III on Saturday 12:30(urg), and the Primary Series on Sunday). I better get a damn T-shirt outta this!!

See ya Tues,
BG

Z said...

Ah yes... Iron Yogi... Ashtanga Battle! It should be fun. Don't forget about the bonus round, Mark's Tuesday and Thursday classes. I gotta start the study sessions prior to Thursday.

Z

Ann said...

It's official!! The limp & bitch has RETURNED!!! OMG am I sore.

I am gearing up for the Ashtanga challenge as well! I do not know if I'll die or what!!

Should be interesting...

I def can't go to Mark's classes! :( I just realized this! I'm going to Chicago to get pampered at Bliss Spa tomorrow then Thursday I am def not going after Mysore-orama. Sadness!