Monday, December 15, 2008

Ann's Favorite Things Vol. II / New Shoes OMG / Dirty Dancing

Who loves the movie Clueless? I do! I do!

Cher's dad: "What the hell is that?"

Cher: "A dress."

Cher's dad: "Says who?"

Cher: "Says Calvin Klein."

So yesterday we Christmas shopped for like five hundred hours. We were walking through Von Maur and HALLELUJAH! The Red Sea parted and "Hello, shoes." "What's that?" you may say (or "Eh?" if you're from Canada/N. Wisconsin/MN). I said, "Bonjour, Aloha, Guten Tag, Hola, etc. SHOES!!" Yes, they are now mine and I want to marry them. I 100% believe in love at first sight. It's happened to me twice. When I first saw Kurt (seriously!!!) and also yesterday when I found these shoes. My life is complete. Granted, they look kind of ugly in this picture but I can assure you they are not. :)

In an effort to put a direct gift lifeline to my husband (who may or may not be buying me more prizes) or any other guys that have no idea what to buy their gals (it may give you guys some ideas), I will make an "All I Want For Christmas" list! This is going to also serve as my Fave Things Vol. II. Below, are the things I would love to have for Xmas prizes (he better check this!):

1) Gift certs to Tapas or Indigo, hello. http://www.tapasyogashala.com/ or http://www.indigowellness.info/.

2) H20 body products from Von Maur. Fabulous!!! More specifically, body butter and sugar scrub in Sugar Plum. Men, buy this for your wives/girlfriends ASAP!!

3) Seriously, I ADORE Dirty Dancing!! What woman doesn't? If she says she doesn't, she's lying. Granted, it won't be near as awesomely awesome as the movie, but I would love tickets to DD on Broadway in Chicago! "Nobody puts baby in a corner."-Johnny Castle. HELLO!!!!!!! *Swoons*

[Disclaimer: My friend Bree told me Penny is HOT in the show (blasphemy!!) as opposed to run-down and icky with mascara and unexpected pregnancy drama all over the place. In other words, Penny's hot instead of a hot mess (= Annoying). ALSO, the Australian-born Johnny *raises eyebrow* YELLS the afore-mentioned quote instead of sexily stating it and subsequently claiming his woman before "doing the last dance of the season" with her.]

**SCREAMS!!!!!!!** OMFG! You tube has the clip!!!!!!! Check It:



*****************************************************

4) Liteally anything from Tiffany's will do. Literally.


5) A spa cert 5 Star Salon or William Wesley. I like 5 Star's atmosphere better but LOVE my girl Yvonne from WW. I wouldn't mind trying a thai yoga massage either! Gentlemen, the moral of the story is you can never go wrong with a massage/spa package for your woman. Don't fall for the, "I don't like people touching me" line. The only girls that say that are the ones who haven't yet realized that life without massage is just like life without parole: prision-ish. Ew.
~"We're spa whores." -Heather Bozek (about us). lol.


6) I really love those nice photo albums from Von Maur. Guys, it can't get much easier. They are adorable and your chica will really think you went shopping and picked out a good prize. They have like five different styles plus free giftwrap. Voila!


7) Any type of Chanel perfume = love. (P.S. Dear C-bine, I already have Chance). :)

8) Okay, I hate to say it but it's doubtful I can roll for an extended period without an LV wallet. I mean a Coach wristlet in a Louis? I don't know... I'm thinking no....I'll have see how much they are... But we'll have to see :) *slyly logs onto louisvuitton.com*

I will add more gift ideas if I think of any! In my lovely husband's defense, he did already get us and awesomely awesome trip to Jamaica! Love him!! These are just prize "ideas" for...ya know, other people to get their wives/gf's. Yeah. That's it. Hi, honey!!


Love you all and happy shopping!!!!!!!!!!! ::cues Jingle Bells::


Love,
Moi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new shoes, too cute!! :)

And yes, I freely admit to being a spa whore. :) (and you know you are too!) I have a pedicure Thursday after work, a massage on the 29th, and am contemplating getting other services over break, like maybe a facial... *sheepish grin*

*singing* These are a few of my fav-or-ite things! :)

Trish said...

SHUT UP! Get your butt up here and let's go to DD!!! I've been scoping out tickets since October! I can't get anyone to go because the tix are $100 plus. I was thinking of going in the next two weeks I am off work BY MYSELF! How dorky would that be?!?! I was in a trivia contest at my gym and I got all 25 questions right! Then they told me I'd be put in a drawing. Such BS.