Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I'm dreaming of a...

beachhhh Christmas...."

Well, good evening, everyone and welcome to Hell...oh I mean the Winter Wonderland! It took me not one but TWO fun-filled hours to get home from work. I love winter so much. Nottttt! :)

The ONLY decent thing about living in the arctic tundra is Belle loves to play in the snow and always appears to be unphased by the cold (in contrast to me who watches from the window shivering under a heating blanket and three comforters). I'm trying to convince Kurt to order the eskimold for Belle and to help her to make an igloo (a.k.a. Kurt makes it, she plays in it). We found some cool cat's blog who made one. It was a pretty sweet snow shack but it took him 3 days to make a 6ft circumference igloo. LOL. He had a little video we watched until we found out about the three days part. Ha! He only had ONE eskimold. The pic below shows several, which could dramatically cut the time. However, considering Belle only weighs in at 40 lbs and can't do much, and I would rather kill myself than stand in the freezing snow and eskimold it up, we really only need ONE...for Kurt (3 hours). :)


Mark's yoga class and Tapas class got cancelled which was okay-ish b/c I really couldn't have gone anyway (see paragraph about taking 2 hours to get home). Also, I am still rocking the slight "limp & b*tch" from Sunday's Ashtanga so all is probably for the best! Still sad I couldn't go, though. Update: still can't bring myself to do the 4 a.m. thing. Sorry, apparently I lied about that one! ha!

I did think of one additional prize you could get for a significant other/spouse: a remote start. Kurt bought me one a couple of years ago but for some reason I couldn't use it on my Explorer and now Lujack's "strongly recommended" not to put anything aftermarket on my current ride :( How lame is that! Kurt's truck has one and I'm super jealous every time we take it and he can start it from the restaurant or wherever. So, I highly recommend this gem of an invention to anyone who's looking for a last-minute prize idea!

OMG this blog is so unbelievably lame compared to yesterday but really, how do you top yesterdays???

Baby: [voiceover] That was the summer of 1963 - when everybody called me Baby, and it didn't occur to me to mind. That was before President Kennedy was shot, before the Beatles came, when I couldn't wait to join the Peace Corps, and I thought I'd never find a guy as great as my dad. That was the summer we went to Kellerman's... ::cues "Big Girls Don't Cry"::

That's a little better... :)

Namaste, y'all and STAY EL WARMO.

Mucho love-o,

Moi

10 comments:

jen721 said...

It took me over an hour as well. F-ing 74. By the way, I think your ending is hillarious. Did you know that since I married the elusive BG that I am now Jennifer "nobody puts baby in a corner" Gray. Bug him about it will you. That was the first thing he said to me when we got married!

BG said...

"limp & bitch"...I love it! I also didn't/couldn't make Mark's class tonight...good, since he cancelled! Look at the Indigo blog to see Abby's hilarious comments about Mark cancelling. Bawk-AWK! indeed.
I won't be able to hit this Sunday's Primary Series...got a family X-mas thang to go to. But I will be there for Evan's "Vinyasa Threetimesharderthanhell" class on Saturday, which I believe you missed last week, eh, Anne!? Too many m-Ritas, if I recall ;)
Jeff was wearing a Santa hat last week...I believe it stayed on for...4-5 minutes.....

B.

Z said...

Well... The Santa hat was on for the first three Surya Namaskara A's. I ditched it, with feeling, at that point. I did put it back on for all five rounds of Navasana, but I don't think anyone other than Evan saw it. I was intending on wearing it for Mark's class or at least starting with it on.

Ann said...

Jen => No way. OMG!!! I never thought of that but it's totally true! :) :) :) <3

BG, sorry for trying to chagrasana over ya tonight. lol Sorry! My chagrasana (surely I'm butchering the spelling) needs some SERIOUS help!!

Z, hoping to see your hat tomorrow. Hopefully the ice storm misses us and we'll be back in Mark's class bawking at him!

Namaste!!

Z said...

Where was chakrasana near miss, the V2 class at Tapas?

Ann said...

Nope! The near missES (plural - haha!) were at Shannon's 6:30 Wednesday class. I'm trying to figure out how to stay ON the mat but it's just not working. I'm not sure why since I'm only 4'11" so it can't be that hard!

I was thinking of you before the class, Jeff, b/c I had to stop at Walmart to pick up some things for our work angel tree. I was in line with about 10,200 other people and I was thinking "ho ho f'g ho." HA!!!

Did the Santa hat make an appearance at Mark's class tonight??

Z said...

Alas... It did not. But then... Mark wasn't there either. He apparently is still not 100% and his car is 100% either. Shannon taught the class, which had Julia, Pat M, a guy who's name escapes me, and myself. That will be the last class at Indigo for us until after Christmas. I'm hoping to hit Happy Hour at DSY today, V3 on Saturday, and then the led class Sunday. We'll be trying out a yoga studio or two in the KC area next week.

Anonymous said...

I don't think El Warmo is proper Spanish.

P.S. I looked in the mirror this morning and realized that I am way hotter than that Aubrey Hepburn photo you have in the header. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Ann said...

Z, do you know who's teaching tonight? I'll be there on Saturday! Let us know how KC yoga is :)

Nick, I'll be sure to switch out Audrey's pic for the water polo player Halloween pic ASAP. :)

Anonymous said...

Ann, I believe Kelly is teaching yoga Happy Hour at 5:30 this evening.

B.